A new patch for Destiny 2 has gone live and addresses a number of issues that have popped up since the start of the Lightfall expansion. One of the big changes in this update is an adjustment to the Guardian Ranks system, as Bungie has reduced the required Commendations score needed to climb up the ranks according to its patch notes.
The number of Commendation points needed was criticized by the Destiny 2 community for being excessively high, and Bungie previously mentioned that it would lower the requirements to complete objectives across all Guardian Ranks. Players can no longer offer Commendations to others following a failed mission activity, so if you’ve been spawning into the Wellspring with a fireteam and wiping out your squad with self-inflicted rocket launcher attacks, you won’t be able to farm Commendations any longer.
One of the other big issues affecting Destiny 2 was a problem that caused Guardians to become invisible due to them not being rendered correctly in the game, giving some players an unexpected advantage in PvP. This bug, which resulted in a delay to this season’s Iron Banner, has now been fixed just in time for the return of this week’s Trials of Osiris multiplayer event.
For the new Strand subclass, a number of changes are also being made here. The internal cooldown of the Thread of Ascent Fragment has been increased from two seconds to four seconds and detonations from the Broodweaver’s Mindspun Invocation Aspect should now have an effect on Unstoppable Champions.
For weapons, Bungie has made several tweaks to a number of firearms. Lightfall versions of The Inquisitor and Mindbender’s Ambition Shotguns had the incorrect magazine perks, so these have been addressed, and Titans using the Exotic Synthoceps gauntlets won’t deal the same level of bonus damage when wielding glaives.
An issue where the Radiant effect was not increasing the damage of Strand weapons has also been resolved.
This update comes hot on the heels of a separate fix that went live recently, which tweaked other aspects of the game. The first such fix decreases your chances of spawning into an empty Terminal Overload event, and the second fix has adjusted the Duality dungeon to make farming for Artifice armor less easy. For this week’s patch notes from Bungie, you can find them all below.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 18.104.22.168
- Animation changes made to the Data Collection boss encounter in The Variable Exotic mission that had the potential to cause issues with photosensitive players.
- Increased drop rate for Exotic armor in Legend and Master Lost Sectors when playing solo.
- Fixed an issue that prevented the “Vex Incursion Countermeasures” weekly bounty from resetting at rest.
- Fixed an issue where players on their alternate characters could not progress the Hall of Heroes intro quest after interacting with the statues early.
- Any players who ran into this issue may now progress normally.
- Made an adjustment to how the Return to Orbit option is triggered after completing a specific Battleground.
- Previous implementation enabled mistakenly skipping end-of-mission cinematics when returning to orbit from the Commendations screen.
Gameplay and Investment
- Fixed an issue where some Artifact mods were not properly proccing Anti-Barrier capabilities.
- Hunters: Fixed an issue where Volatile Rounds were not granted by equipping the Gyrfalcon’s Hauberk Exotic chest armor, blocking Void weapons from Anti-Barrier capabilities.
- Armor Scavenger Mod: Fixed an issue where Jotunn would get an unintentional boost in ammo, particularly in PvP, with the Solar Scavenger mod equipped on a player’s chest armor.
- Put. The toaster. Down.
- Fixed an issue where the Winterbite Exotic Glaive was doing more damage than intended to targets.
- Titans: The bonus to Glaive melee damage granted by Exotic Synthoceps gauntlets has been reduced against both combatants and enemy Guardians.
- Fixed an issue where the Lightfall versions of The Inquisitor and Mindbender’s Ambition Shotguns had the incorrect magazine perks.
- Fixed an issue where Grand Overture’s blinding effect applied to other sources of splash damage.
- Strand: Increased the internal cooldown of the Thread of Ascent Fragment from two seconds to four seconds.
- Strand: Fixed an issue where after a player grappled to a thrown Tangle, the Berserker’s Into the Fray Aspect would fail to activate on further Tangle detonations.
- Strand: Fixed an issue where the suspending detonation from the Broodweaver’s Mindspun Invocation Aspect was not properly stunning Unstoppable Champions.
- Solar: Fixed an issue where the Radiant effect was not increasing the damage of Strand weapons.
- Strand: Fixed an issue where the Thread of Generation Fragment would stop functioning after a Silkstrike Super deactivation when either the Shackle or Threadling Grenade is equipped.
Power and Progression
- Guardian Ranks: To more closely match the goals of Guardian Ranks, we have reduced the required Commendations score to complete objectives across all Guardian Ranks.
- Guardian Ranks: Rank-8 objectives require tier-3 difficulty or higher.
- Fixed an issue where only tier-4 or higher applied towards Rank progression.
- Commendations: Players can no longer offer Commendations to others following a failed mission activity.
- Fixed an issue where Guardians and their weapons were not rendering properly, effectively making them appear as “invisible” when in-game.
- Twitch Gift Sub Bounty reward now correctly appears in the Cryptarch.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.