This week’s update for Destiny 2 addresses a number of issues in the game, from raid and dungeon bugs to armor mods not activating correctly, but the biggest fix here is a nerf to the deadly Cabal Threshers, according to the patch notes. Those heavily armed Cabal gunships have been a terror in the Terminal Overload activity since Lightfall began, as they’re able to unleash a barrage of missiles that can wipe a Guardian out almost instantly, making them deadlier than an angry Tormentor on Legend difficulty.
While Bungie’s update simply mentions that Cabal Threshers were doing more damage than intended, dealing with one of those hovering death machines should be more balanced now. For raid players, the Root of Nightmares activity has had several fixes applied to it. Locked red border chests, issues with Focused Light and Focused Darkness not triggering during the Zo’aurc encounter, and raid mods being equippable without being earned have all been fixed.
One change to the patch notes since they were first published centers around The Colony Exotic grenade launcher will. The weapon is damaging Sunblight enemies in the Root of Nightmares raid even when they are shielded, and although Bungie initially said this update would resolve that issue, that will actually be fixed in a future patch.
In the weapon department, several glaive exploits have been patched up, Two-Tailed Fox’s Exotic Catalyst has been fixed, and missing weapon mods will now be available to players.
A number of fixes to armor mods have also been addressed. Empowered Finish was causing a number of issues and was circumventing the basic Armor Charge mechanics too easily, creating too many happy little accidents for players who exploited it to gain extra Orbs of Power, ammo bricks, and overshields. You can read the full patch notes below to see how Bungie has changed this mod.
In more Destiny 2 news, players can’t get enough of a certain Trials submachine gun, big changes are on the way for PvP in a mid-season patch, and the Eververse store is selling an (almost) all-black shader that’ll get your Guardian ready for a goth party.
Destiny 2 Hotfix 126.96.36.199
Root of Nightmares
- Fixed an issue where players were being locked out of the Red Border Chest after the weekly reset.
- Fixed an issue where Focused Light and Focused Darkness would not trigger in the Zo’aurc encounter.
- Fixed an issue where Sunblight enemies could be damaged through their shields by The Colony Exotic Grenade Launcher.
- Those clever little spiders have been reprimanded one more time.
- Fixed an issue where players could equip raid mods without obtaining them first.
- Fixed an issue where the dungeon node would not appear to some players.
- Fixed an issue where Cabal Threshers were doing more damage than intended.
- Fixed an issue where the European Dead Zone node would not unlock for some players.
Gameplay and investment
- Fixed an issue where the Winterbite Exotic Glaive was benefitting from other Glaives damage increasing perks.
- Fixed an issue where the Glaive melee feed kills were showing the projectile label.
- Fixed an issue where the extra Arc volley granted by the Two-Tailed Fox’s Exotic Catalyst was not firing properly.
- Fixed an issue where some weapon mods were not available for some players.
- Fixed an issue where equipping too many passive Armor Charge benefits would deactivate artifact perks.
- Changed Empowered Finish to count as a finisher mod for purposes of mutual exclusivity. This mod can no longer be equipped alongside a finisher mod that also consumes Armor Charge stacks.
- Having the ability to generate and spend Armor Charge stacks on the same mod was creating conditions where latency would sometimes cause the perks to activate in an incorrect order.
- Additionally, when combined with Stacks on Stacks, Empowering Finish was circumventing the basic Armor Charge mechanics too easily, resulting in generating too many Orbs of Power, ammo bricks, overshields, etc.
- The Untangler Artifact perk will no longer trigger melee perks.
- Fixed the issue introduced in 188.8.131.52 that reverted Mandarin voice-over to English.
- Increased the time to give Commendations to other players after finishing certain activities.
- Moved the Legend Lost Sectors Solo and the Legend Lost Sector Solo Flawless requirements from Guardian Rank 7 to Rank 8.
- Moved the Master Lost Sectors Solo and the Master Lost Sector Solo Flawless requirements from Guardian Rank 9 to Rank 10.
- Note: Players will keep their earned progress after these Lost Sector requirements move to the higher Rank.
The products discussed here were independently chosen by our editors.
GameSpot may get a share of the revenue if you buy anything featured on our site.